Wile, Wit, Wisdom & Weaponry

Ruminations, Opinions & Debate about the world as I see it and the toys that make it bearable!

My Photo
Name:
Location: TEXAS, United States

-Defender of the Second Amendment, the "little guy", free market system, liberty and freedom from government!

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Political Ode to the Road...

So far this week, I've traveled 350 miles across Texas.

Yesterday, I took the country-filled scenic route down Hwy 183 and Hwy 281 to San Antonio.

After spotting the 5th "McCain-Palin" poster tacked to the fence posts I started counting.

At the end of the day yesterday, I counted 19 such posters- 1 per property. (Over 4 hours of driving non stop.)

Some were little, some were HUMONGOUS.

How many "Obama/Biden" posters do you think I counted?

(None)

Call me crazy - or - driving with blinders manufactured by the NRA if you must. But I'm telling the truth. I covered the better part of the midway point between West Central Texas down to South Texas on my journey and I didn't see ANY support for the left by way of campaign signs.

Today finds me traveling from San Antonio to Austin on I-35. Since I wasn't actually near personal property, I started counting bumper stickers instead. As of 2PM today (when I hit the hotel parking lot), I tallied the following:

McCain/Palin: 12

Obama/Biden: 1

Sure, this simple little test has little to do with matching national polling statistics or focus groups in key swing states. And it is also true that I'm only covering a small part of one state. But consider this: I'm driving through the heartland of Democratic country- and for whatever reason- the minions are NOT advertising their allegiance to their multi-generational voting tendencies in support of the Democratic Party.

Could there be something for this so-called "Bradley Effect" after all?

-TMS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home