Wile, Wit, Wisdom & Weaponry

Ruminations, Opinions & Debate about the world as I see it and the toys that make it bearable!

My Photo
Name:
Location: TEXAS, United States

-Defender of the Second Amendment, the "little guy", free market system, liberty and freedom from government!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Think it can't happen to you?


Well, what if "it" happened twice? And what if it involved more than just your person, your family, or your friends? What if it happened at your church?!

  • This is exactly why gun-free zones don't work
  • Gun-free zones are engraved invitations to mischief/mayhem/murder
  • Schools and churches are becoming frequent targets
  • Politicians in the US ought to take notice- e'en those hiding behind metal detectors

Assuming you were unarmed, what would you do in this situation?

Assuming you WERE armed, what would you do in this situation?

-TMS

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assuming the unarmed scenario first, I certainly would like to think I would be one of the people who would rush the bad guys in the hopes of overwhelming a gunman beneath a crush of people to stop him.
In the other case where we assume I'm carrying, I would not hesitate to draw and fire to protect the members of my church. I would like to think I would concentrate on aiming, squeezing, and neutralizing the threat. And as a graduate of Gunsight once told me, "if someone is worth shooting, they're worth shooting multiple times"
It's my opinion that the regulation against concealed weapons by licensed, trained citizens in church is simply wrong. I would be glad to undergo extensive extra training for the privilege of offering greater protection to my flock.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Troy, I knew you would have something like this after this incident. I have read and reread the debriefings of this incident and its just a shmae that this is coming to our own places of worship. But, we should realize that this has been happening all over the world and people just probe for soft targets, and where is a better place than our relaxed settings on a Sunday morning. I have the luxury of carrying all the time and do so, simply because I chose years ago not to be a victim or statistic or a "sheep" instead of the preferred "sheep dog".
After seeing this, I actually asked Christian to ask the elders if this were to happen and I was there "do you want me to beat this guy to death IN the church or drag him outside and do it there?" My experience has told me that at the first sign of resistance these types cowar down and become easy prey themselves. So, if nothing else DO SOMETHING! keep praying, were gonna need it.
Coby
"Iraq for now"

2:06 AM  
Blogger Darren Duvall said...

Unarmed:

1. Probably curse my stupidity at not being armed.
2. Draw knife.
3. Get wife & kids as safe as possible.
4. Advance out of line of sight & preferably behind assailant, depending on position go for the battlefield tracheostomy or thoracotomy.

Armed:

1. Be thankful for being armed.
2. Get wife & kids in as safe a position as possible.
3. Move away from them, distract & engage shooter.
4. Two to the body, one to the head/pelvis, repeat as necessary.

At least, that's the plan. I have a G26 and 13 rounds of 9mm Federal Premium Defense to get the job done, it should work. If not, I usually have a spare mag as well. And the knife.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home