Wile, Wit, Wisdom & Weaponry

Ruminations, Opinions & Debate about the world as I see it and the toys that make it bearable!

My Photo
Name:
Location: TEXAS, United States

-Defender of the Second Amendment, the "little guy", free market system, liberty and freedom from government!

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Observations...

- A anonymous fellow gave this quip this week when asked why he carried a gun:

"Because a policeman weighs too much."

- Driving to the Metroplex this week for business, I did, as usual, turn the AM dial to 820 to catch Mark Davis' show. Mark's particular topic that hour was Mitt Romney and the 2nd Amendment. Specifically, would Romney be the staunch defender of said amendment once elected as POTUS?

I did not know that Romney is a card carrying member of the NRA. Apparently, his earlier years in public office showed a different stripe when it came to his personal beliefs in an individual's legal right to gun ownership. Davis' point was and is that Romney has changed his mind- albeit 17 years after the fact. He went on to say that he was comfortable with Romney's current position and talking points about legal gun ownership and the importance thereof in the United States.

With finger poised over the cell phone keys, I dialed into the station thinking I would never get through to speak my piece. On the 1st ring, Mark's "handler" picked up and wanted to know what I wanted "to speak to Mr. Davis about?". I was momentarily stunned. This show is now nationally syndicated and I didn't think I would get through let alone come close to actual air time. I told "Mike" that I was a Life Member of the NRA and I was hoping to flesh out a couple of points with Mr. Davis about his last comments regarding Governor Romney. "Mike" liked that idea and put me on hold. My head was spinning, trying to get my mouth and brain to work in sync, I waited my turn- only to get cut off. Darn! I was so close....

Dialing the number again, once more "Mike" picked up. Told him again who I was, what I wanted to say, and he apologized for losing me and put me back in the que (sp?). Wow! Twice lucky in the same day! Only to be dropped- again.

Oh well, I look forward to the day when Mark and I can have a gentlemanly "chat" with a few hundred thousand of his listeners hanging on every word.


- Heard that OJ pleaded "not guilty" at his arraignment this week. Am I surprised? Well, yeah...the guy was caught red-handed. Sources say if convicted, he could go to prison for the rest of his days. Sounds good to me. Can I pick the place? Please?????


- Got within two feet of a first generation Colt SAA today. Grips were very definitely ivory and the screws were of the fire blue variety. AWESOME is the only word that comes to mind to give this fantastic piece of hardware due justice. The price tag? Well, that's another story...


- Micro brewery beer is just the best stuff. Unlike its domestic counterpart, one may partake of second and third helpings at one sitting and the last tastes as good as the first! Highly recommend BJ's restaurants and brewery. Wonderful concoctions.


- Turns out my brother's girlfriend can catch fish like Kevin Van Dam. Particularly the catfish variety. Doesn't matter what bait, reel or rod selection is at hand- the lady can fish like a pro. (I told him he should marry her...she's likely to keep him well fed in his advanced years.)


- Some have asked me privately about "Suzi" now. She and I are getting very well acquainted and it is definitely a love/love relationship. Here is a fetching photo of my new flame:





(Check out those boots!)

-TMS

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Riley said...

Remember:
1. Suze will never ask you if those saddlebags make her butt look big.
2. She will not keep you waiting to go somewhere until you've lost your mind.
3. She will never snore.
4. She needs no vacation, and would look downright funny in jewelry.
5. It only takes about $10 to fill her up.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home