Wile, Wit, Wisdom & Weaponry

Ruminations, Opinions & Debate about the world as I see it and the toys that make it bearable!

My Photo
Name:
Location: TEXAS, United States

-Defender of the Second Amendment, the "little guy", free market system, liberty and freedom from government!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Who said it?

Here's a great quote I came across last week. Can you guess who said it (and when)?


"A gun is a tool, Marion. No better and no worse than any
other tool - an axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good
or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."



(Stay tuned for more quotes and stories coming soon...)

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

The only clue I have to go on is the name "Marion". So, my guess is either Howard Cunningham from "Happy Days" or Professor Harold Hill from "The Music Man" (although I have enough of that committed to memory to be fairly certain it wasn't him). I give up.

7:57 PM  
Blogger AbbieCRAZY said...

Oh, no. I don't think so. It's John Wayne in some old Western. And it's a guy named Marion.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I don't know, but this part would make a great bumper sticker...

"A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

11:12 AM  
Blogger Troy M. Stirman said...

Sarah's guess made me laugh out loud!

Denise is VERY close, at least she has the right genre and period...

Anne, thanks for the suggestion!


(Anyone else want to take a stab?)
-TS

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home